View Single Post
Old 9th October 2017, 13:01
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: 19/05/1941:Machold and Balthasar

Hi Michel

Machold's twenty-three confirmed claims are as such 100% correct. However it doesn't mean to say he actually got them. It is a well know fact that JG 2 claimants were generally making false claims............but not all we so inclined, but know whether this is by pure honesty, or certain Staffel at certain times were being true, therefor did-honest claimers would be found out.

If you remember the movie "The one that got away" von Werra was accused by British intelligence over his four claims in a day of false claims.......as it was these were never confirmed anyway. Perhaps Machold was investigated and judged the same way by British intelligence. I would suggest without any investigation on my behalf that Machold was a fraud!..........please try to prove me wrong.

JG 26 on the other hand generally made honest claims. I would put this don't to Adolf Galland's leadership.

I think just looking at his claims that Baltasar is likely to be of the same metal as Machold..........or even worse maybe.

I have also thought that 7./JG 52 and 9./JG 52 were making false claims for long periods of time......perhaps from the start. Strangely 8./JG 52 seems much better. JG 53 and JG 77 generally not bad.

Kind Regards

Johannes