View Single Post
Old 14th April 2007, 16:36

hedgehog6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Warplanes of the 3rd Reich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
William Green’s many books (not just “Warplanes”) certainly laid the foundations. Smith, Kay & Creek’s “German Aircraft of the Second World War” was also very important and I still refer to it but 30–40 years have passed and things have moved on.

I don’t know of any source of errata for “Warplanes” at the moment but why don’t you start a webpage yourself? You’ve obviously got some corrections in mind and if you published them and invited contributions I’d guess that a lot of people would be glad to help out. No one could hope to do it all at once but provided you’re willing to start small and let it evolve, I’d think the idea would have a lot of potential.

It is a hell of a mountain to climb though. Just sorting out the late-series Bf 109s would be enough of a struggle …
The idea of a webpage for this is intriguing, but I'm not sure I have the technical expertise required. Give me some time to think & research if that is possible for me.

And yes, the late series Bf-109s are where I for one first noticed that Wot3R had some real problems. Nearly every word of the entry on the Bf-109K is incorrect and the drawings make it clear that he hadn't the least idea what an AS engine cowling looked like.