View Single Post
Old 30th April 2009, 13:57

dmeephd is on a distinguished road
Messerschmitt Factory Information - Epoche II

I have been looking all over for some 1940s era photographs of the Messerschmitt factories in Augsburg or Regensburg. I'd even settle for a history book of Messerschmitt that had some illustrations. I've googled, checked out Amazon.com and Amazon.de (Germany), and the Wikipedia. Found Nada. (About a gazillion books on the aircraft themselves, it was and is a popular modeling subject!)

I model WWII Luftwaffe aircraft (1/72nd scale) and European Model Railways (HO scale). I have all of these wagon sets - from Liliput, Marklin, and Trix - of transported and disassembled Messerschmitt Bf 109 fighters (plus the new 2009 Marklin releases on order) and have nowhere for these train consists to originate. I could simply freelance a building, but I would like to be somewhat realistic and have a structure (or series of structures) that would be reminiscent of the original.

Unfortunately, Google Earth is useless as these buildings are long gone. Even the EADS website - the successor company to Messerschmitt - only covers their history from 1999.

Do any of our European members know of a website or have some photos of these factories?

David Martin, Ph.D.