View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2005, 18:10
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Jens
Are you kidding?

Quote:
I think this statement proves my thesis, that some people discussed from a biased point. I lived in GDR and can imagine, why people hate the communists and the SU, but this shouldn't lead to make a false look at the historical facts. Same in the other view, hate of nacism shouldnt lead to underestimate power of Wehrmacht.
Do you deny Ribbentrop-Molotov and subsequent agreements that started WWII and allowed both countries to conquer almost whole Europe by mid 1941? Do you deny that policy of both Germany and Soviet Union resulted in genocide deaths of millions of people? Do you deny that half of Europe was occupied by Soviets?
Now, whatever is your answer, please explain me where is the link to purely technical matters discussed here?

Quote:
The question behind these figures is, how much of the "western" fighters were in schools and Erg.-jagdgruppen? At schools alone 11500 airplanes were totally and 10000 damaged lost. Out of these 15000 were pure school planes. So roughly 9000 combat planes were more or less lost at schools. It's clear that most statistics say, they were lost against western allies. Additionaly in 1944 ~20% of all planes of LW were in Erg.-jagdgruppen (without schools).
I do not see any reason why the German command had to include their school aircraft into OdeB. Anyway, simple count of JGs engaged show that most of them were engaged on the Western Front and the situation changed only in April when both Fronts were so close, that there was no distinction between the units.

Quote:
I think Christer Bergström has given the right questions and some answers.
I see no particular reason to believe there are more unknown losses due to Soviets than to Anglosaxons.