View Single Post
Old 26th February 2005, 08:14
Alter Hase

Juha is on a distinguished road
Ruy
I have understood that You have Murray's LW, there is also a table on LW monthly losses during at least most of the 1942, Eastern Front vs. other fronts. I typed the monthly fighter losses of LW in 1943 because IMHO the year is very important because during it LW really began lost its grip and was forced to mostly defencive posture and the losses became crippling and really began weaken its quality. Also Murray in that table divided the losses against Western Allies between West and Med., which opens IMHO a way to interesting observations. I gave also the LW's losses for all combat a/c for Apr and May 43 because these were the months of Kuban air battles, the figures of Jan. - Nov 43 can be foud on the given page from Murray's book. Please, help Yourself.

Eastern and Western air wars were different from number of reasons. But after the 6.6.44 on the both fronts there were active ground war going and that usually focused the use of tactical air power.

One more point. The activity of the front also depends of the activity of the participians, Western Allies activitely hunted LW and especially the longer ranged US a/c were effective in this and as a plus began to hinder LW training activities which benefited both Western Allies and SU.

Second point, the offensive against oil targets really hurts LW and again helped both Western Allies and SU. Of course at that time war was already lost for Germans and one must give a credit to SU for its success to keep Germans out of its main oil fields during 42 and the destruction of the Maikop oirfields before Germans got them.

But Franek is right this has no connection to La-7.

Juha