Thread: JFV 15/I
View Single Post
Old 17th August 2022, 17:23
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: JFV 15/I

Steve,

Good point. However, I need to point out that the research community here consists of words and terms that would be unknown to the newcomer. In order for this hobby, and I use the term loosely, to survive, a new generation of enthusiasts needs to be created. And book promotion is a constant, ongoing thing. I have been in book publishing for better than 40 years. After I'm gone, or anyone else here, then what? We have to think long-term.

Ask yourself: How did I first find out about this? A magazine article, a model kit or a book? Now, no thanks to the internet, too much is floating around in the ether. Invisible. And what about the LEMB or LWAG? Gone as far as any newcomer would know. They never existed. I can still log into the LEMB and there's a lot of good information there but it no longer exists for all intents and purposes outside of a relatively small circle.

Book promotion occurs weekly where I work. We have a large mailing list and must keep our readers/buyers engaged on a regular basis. It must be done. Again, no thanks to the internet, other shiny new things might distract our readers.

Best,
Ed