View Single Post
Old 13th September 2010, 10:05

arnaud is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: New book 'Fury', by Arnaud Gillet

M. Nick Beale,

Have you already been attacked in a newspaper in an 11 pages article? For me, this is the first time, so excuse me if I am not so calm as you expected.

I am not calm because the base of this attack is a Henschel 126 list that M. Souffan say having found in WASt. I had a special authorisation from high German authorities to have all copies from those German losses for the two months May and June 1940. The conclusion is that those losses are not stored in WASt. This is so simple and by conclusion this Henschel 126 losses list is lies.

I asked WASt information like this : “I need now your WASt Archive for the 1.(H)/14 : losses limited to May and June 1940. ”
Then I receive documents. But I repeat I had a special authorisation because as you know those archives are closed to public. I just knew the right person… This special authorisation was EXCEPTIONAL.

All the copies of all documents from WASt were very expensive for me because I had to pay. But that was essential to begin my researches on those two months, 20 years ago. I don't studied any other period only MAY and JUNE 1940. My live is not enough to complete it.

So I am not calm because I am attacked by lies : “ To utter falsehood with deceitful intention.” This is the definition of lie. I have no other word to describe this behaviour (excuse me again). This is actually a very strong word but the right word (excuse me again), but M. Souffan did not answer to this very big accusation which is very significant but it is true. He has no WASt document… This is as simple as this. You don’t believe it, this is your right. I can’t argue with that.

IF SOMEONE GIVES THE WASt EVIDENCE (COPY OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENT) ABOUT THOSE HENSCHEL 126 LOSSES I CUT MY HANDS. IS IT CLEAR? So to my enemies: found those documents: you have a very good opportunity to make me silence (lol).

I wonder what would be your position if you were attacked like this. I just find that unfair and actually shameful.

But that’s not question. My work about French (3 books) and British Kills (3 books) revealing that the French fighters only shot down only 355 German aircraft and 525 German aircraft shot down by British aircraft upset many French people. They are just fighting back. In France, many historians wrote the French fighters shot down 1.000 german aircraft, then reduced by all historians in France to 700 or 600. This new number 355 was a choc in France.

In “Fury”, I give all evidence about those friendly fires and I have not one doubt. But before writing on this air combat, you should have read:
1. The book “Fury”.
2. The article from M. Souffan.
3. And of course my answer to be published soon in the same magazine.

Of course if you just say: a Blenheim or a LeO is not like a Henschel, this is obvious and very simple, but this case is not so simple therefore we still speak about this combat which is significant.

In this thread, I just speak about the Henschel 126 cases. All evidences for the combat are in “Fury” reserved to my readers.

Have you read my last long French text about those Henschel 126 losses? If not because it is in French, you could translate it in English with Google. I don’t have time to translate this in English. If anyone want it, do it… Evidences are pretty clear that M. Souffan has no evidence.

I have a big book to publish about the British kills at the beginning of the year 2011, I can’t answer like this to all question. So dear readers send very precise question?

Yours sincerely

Arnaud