View Single Post
Old 17th June 2019, 22:31

Tim O. is on a distinguished road
Re: Question on He 115s with 1./106 in 1939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplanes View Post
To Tim: unfortunately I am away om holiday so I am cut off from my records. If I remember correctly it was a He 115B aircraft.

To Rottler: Your information is unfortunately wrong. All He 115 aircraft were produced and assembled by Ernst Heinkel Flugzeugwerke at Marienehe, Seestadt Rostock. The only involvement by «Weser» Flugzeugwerke with the He 115 was the contract to install extra fuel-tanks in a number of He 115B and C models in order to increase range. This work was carried out several months after the last He 115 had been delivered from EHF.
Thanks Seaplanes

One reference I have says that the B-1 went into production in November 1940, so if that is correct I think this M2+FH is too early to be a B-1 but I do not know the service history of the B-0.

The loss list quoted says it was a B-0. Another reference says 1./106 received A-1s in September 1939. All rather confusing.

Looking for any information or documents relating to:
Alfred Schmittka 5./KG 54; Josef Harmeling 4.(Schlacht)/LG 2; Wilhelm Gaul 1./106, 2./906 & III./KG 40; Karl Müller I./KG 2; Werner Breese 5.(F)/122