View Single Post
Old 15th November 2007, 17:26

Jochen Prien is on a distinguished road
Re: Jagdfliegerverbände Vol. 10

Dear Bogdan,

excuse me for this late response; to answer your questions I can at the moment only comment as follows:

1) The question of an English translation of the JFV series remains open with no further development since my last information, i.e. nothing has been signed and sealed so far.

2) The claims and loss lists are basically identical in the unit histories and the JFV series, the latter being up-dated with what additional information and corrections became available between the publication of the unit histories and the coverage of the same units in the JFV series. For instance, the first Volume of the JG 53 unit history appeared back in 1989, almost 18 years ago. Since then many new sources have been unearthed and the additional information has been inserted into the JFV series. This is an ongoing process also with the JFV series that was started in the year 2000, again already seven years ago resulting in a number of additions and corrections concerning - amongst other - the claims and loss lists of the earlier volumes.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jochen Prien