View Single Post
Old 30th December 2018, 11:44
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: Georg-Peter Eder Jet ace confirmation?

Hi Nick

Thank you for your Eder scrutiny, and it's pleasing to hear that his claims are reasonably good. Regarding the P-38, as I say everybody else's are on the mikrofilms Eder's are not, therefore either it was not confirmed, or never was, trouble is that sometimes we are judging the honesty of pilots using the wrong information. As Eder's claims surjest that he is basically honest, but not following protocol to the letter, i.e probably not actually witnessing a crash, then in my opinion his jet claims were ALL post 3rd December 1944, well those that were worthy of submitting the paperwork.

Am currently looking into Hermann Graf, initially contrary to common belief amongst us his claim pattern doesn't seem too bad, he has always been associated with Ernst Suss, Heinrich Fullgrabe and Alfred Grislawski, yet it appears that is not the case, if he was working something with others it would be Leopold Steinbatz and Hermann Wolf, but as I say though he claimed so many in a short span of time, they are actually no where near as spectacular as Nowotny's or Lang's, assuming of course that not the whole staffel was working something together, and actually I think not. Actually I believe Graf was a shy man so would seem unlikely, but you can never tell.

Kind Regards

Johannes