View Single Post
Old 6th November 2014, 21:41
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Anyone ever found Luftwaffe Kill Reports?

Hi Marv -

Here are the answers to your questions. Others are certainly invited to chip in, too.

Quote:
1. How hard has anyone tried to find Hans Ring and get access to those reports?
He is well-known to German authors of the WWII Jagdwaffe. If Ring is still alive, he would be about 82 today. Another rumor from 10 years ago indicated that he may have passed on his collection to others.

Quote:
2. You say you only found 3-4 Kill reports that I seek. I assume that you mean in general & not from Oct 4, 1943... Right?
Yes, in general. The ones I saw were all from prior to July 1943, I think.

Quote:
3. You say that you have "trawled your way through nearly all of the surviving Luftwaffe records on microfilm and those in paper form at BA-MA Freiburg". In a way this is great news to me because I was hoping to find a researcher that was at that level, knew the system, and had been there. I was even thinking of hiring one of the ones they offer... but if you have already done that, then I would gain nothing. Is that Correct?
Yes, you are correct. If I or anyone else had picked up even the slightest whiff of these reports, it would have become relatively common knowledge among the research community and on this website.

Quote:
4. I'm in USA, I do not know the German system. As I understand it the Germans have several War Museums each housing specific areas of operations/records... i.e. the "BA-MA Freiburg" houses the "Luftwaffe records" among other things... but no other Museum stores the "Luftwaffe Kill reports" I seek. Is that Correct?
Yes, that is correct. The life-long researchers who belong to this website come from all of the European countries and have collectively scoured all of the European repositories looking for Luftwaffe documentation. Any discoveries have been or would have been mentioned here at one time or another.

Larry
Florida, USA