View Single Post
Old 27th April 2023, 11:50
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hans Beisswenger 03 Dec 1942

Hi Jim

Regarding my lake of crash-sites. Stig is correct I opted out. Sometimes you get a grid reference, it's easy to work out numbers.......there are only ten options. With name places, unless I'm sure of a place I'll leave it out, and these were places rather than grid references.

But I can tell you the first(1255) was SW of somewhere, and the other SE.

As we have established Beißwenger was a honest claimer, whereas Stotz was not whilst influenced/flying with Hans Hahn. On this occasion it would appear that Stotz was not with Hahn, and not surprisingly his resent almost unbelievable score rate was reduced to one claim, which I guess we can assume was a honest one witnesses by a honest comrade.

Leistungsbücher usually have much more accurate crash-site details than the microfilms. I do know that Beißwenger's flugbuch was on the market a few years ago, just maybe his leistungsbuch was with it.

Prien doesn't work the microfilms himself, but the man he uses is extremely accurate.

Kind Regards

Johannes