View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2024, 00:01

ChristianK is on a distinguished road
Re: eBAy: Captured german planes

Gentlemen,

my two cents about the TS+Mx planes and all these Fw 190s with the unusual Stammkennzeichen application:

The planes marked TS+MB almost definitely belonged to Fliegertechnische Schule 3, which operated from München-Oberwiesenfeld, Milbertshofen and Schleißheim. Planes marked as such (a lot of Bf 109s, two Bf 110s, one Me 262) were found in Oberwiesenfeld and Schleißheim (Another one of these schools, Fliegertechnische Schule 6 in Bayreuth used the marking TS+MA.)

Those unusual Fw 190s likely did belong to a different school (or Ergänzungs unit), as to me it wouldn't make much sense to use such distinctively different marking styles within the same entity. Why a school? Because most of these aircraft are older variants, some of them are two-seaters. And yes, all of them carry single or double-digit numbers aft of the Stammkennzeichen. The numbers have different colors (black and yellow?). I have identified the following Fw 190s of this unit:

RF+DE in Oberwiesenfeld
PL+?? in Oberwiesenfeld
TF+LL in Oberwiesenfeld

TY+RU in Oberwiesenfeld
TH+RU in Oberwiesenfeld

SP+SO in Oberwiesenfeld
SH+JA in Oberwiesenfeld (SH only likely confirmed)

VS+B? in Bad Aibling
RN+LG in Bad Aibling
BW+WC in Bad Aibling (?)

A search on stammkennzeichen.de did not bring any satisfying result. Perhaps some member is able to solve this puzzle. (My best guess would be IV./EJG 1, but without much confidence)

Cheers,
Christian