View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2017, 03:09

qltngal is on a distinguished road
Re: Captain Edward E. Hunt KIA Nov. 8, 1944

Hi all--It's been a long time since I've been on here but just thought I would pass this along. I was contacted by the Mayor of one of the villages in France that was closest to my Dads (Captain Edward E. Hunt) crash site. it seems that that are honoring him this year with a memorial and the naming of a street after him. The event goes on for a week and includes a trip to the crash site, a trip to the cemetery & the laying of a wreath. I've been sent pictures of plane parts that were taken off of the mountain and am not too sure what to make of that. Anyway I've been invited to attend, along with my daughter. So after quite a bit of research verifying all of this it turns out that we're going to France in September. I'm beyond excited as this is something I never thought I would have a chance to do. Only really knowing anything at all about my Dad since 2009 this is such an opportunity for us which I'm sure will include lots of tears. Still would love to have any other information that might be out there. You all on this forum have been so amazing and so helpful & I can't begin to tell you what all of this has meant to me & my daughter to know so much more about my Dad. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heat. Who knew my first little post would lead here?