View Single Post
Old 27th May 2022, 05:52
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: K. Buhlingen Abschuss List

Hi Guys

I am in agreement with Leo. I believe 112 represents claims including unconfirmed. Firstly we have been told as fact twenty-four viermots, which is just not true, it's about half of that.
Secondly JG2 as a whole scored an amazingly few "kills" during 1945. None are known for Bühligen, and perhaps, or even likely he got none.
Thirdly it's not really possible to identify Bühligen's claims, especially trying to match another type i.e perhaps a mis-identification, as Bühligen like many JG2 top claimers just wasn't very reliable in his claims.
This cannot be explained away with the confusion factor, as other very honest claimers can be matched.

JG2 is the only unit where I have found double awards i.e "viermots" claimed by two pilots with the same anerk.nummer.

Some individuals included unconfirmed in the totals, others just the confirmed, this is across all Geschwader, others may include one or two unconfirmed, but they thought they were confirmed, confirmation sometimes took more than a year to be processed, so if you know you have followed the system exactly, some just assumed it would be confirmed.

Kind Regards

Johannes

P.S

Please note that Joachim Prien series is almost perfect regarding claims. However with II./JG2 in Africa(only)there must have been an excel mis-sort, all the dates/times/types e.t.c are correct, with the exception of the pilots names, ALL are completely incorrect !