View Single Post
Old 12th August 2005, 10:10

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road
Re: FW190 Losses over Austria April 5th 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smart

Hello Csaba,

Where can I find the SG2 and SG10 files , are they on the internet ?

Same goes for IV.(Pz)/SG9;Aufkl.Grp. 121;4;11 etc etc, are these on the internet, Werner ?

All for now

Alex
Hello Alex,

Dunno, but definitely not on the internet. I have details regading these units when they fought over Hungary. I am collecting info about the air war over Austria just from Hungarian point of view now (so just Hungarian losses and their opponents - a big headache to me to identify the exact fate of some missing Hungarian pilots from April in Austrian territory).

I don't know a single German SG expert. Accoring to my knowledge, some German vetrans are working on an SG 10 history project, which is warmly welcomed by me.

BTW IIRC the weather was quite bad over Eastern Austria on 5 April, 1945 with very limited German air activity. Are you sure regarding the date? It's from an US claim's list?

Well, checked my sources, found 100+ assault and tank hunter missions over Eastern Austria. The losses were not mentioned with details (causes) Seems to me one total loss and two damaged planes (but I'm not 100%s ure)

Last edited by Csaba B. Stenge; 12th August 2005 at 10:53.