View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2006, 17:11

Peter Zambori is on a distinguished road
Re: Hungarian Air Force in 1956?

Hello Mirek,

the Hungarian Uprising started as a simpaty demonstration for Poland and Gomulka's policy, but quickly turns against the Hungarian Communist leaders and the AVH (and the Soviet presence in Hungary). Most of the poeople in Eastern Europe was fed up with "building the communism" and from 1953 onward there were a couple of demonstration (East Germany, Poland, Hungary) against it.

"There was such a infor that 3 Mi-4 with commandos were shot down by Hungarian A/A defence (maybe it was in 4-5 XI)"

Sorry, I have never heard about this. According to some rumors a Soviet MiG-15bis was shot down in October 1956
around Sólymár, but I can't confirm this.

"Soecon there are aslo infor that Hungarian pilot had defected to Yugoslavia in 1956 or 57 (?) - is this true or not?"

There were 12-14 defection (and hi-jacks) with airplane between 1949 and 1970, at least 3 of them to Yugoslavia, but none of them in 1956-1957. I have the closest January 19, 1954, it was a MiG-15 2red 25" landed in Yugoslavia. (A MALÉV Li-2P forced to defect to Ingolstadt/Germany in July 13, 1956.)

regards,
Péter