View Single Post
Old 29th June 2017, 13:39
Alter Hase

Alex Smart is on a distinguished road
Re: USAAF Beaufighters

Hello Michael,
In response to the questions you now raise on the 414NFS/417 NFS's -
1 - the 23/12/44 claim by the Jones crew.
My additional comment does refer to it being the Squadrons last Beaufighter claim, my ref to this was from the notes I took some time ago from either of the following, "Bristol Beaufighter" by J. Scutts; "Beaufighter Squadrons" by Simon Parry; "The Bristol Beaufighter "SAM Publication; "Camouflage & Markings"; armyairforce.com(old forum); AAIR; and other forums one of which you gave in your earlier post.

2 - The claim by the Lutz crew, if you check Frank's post above you will see that it was a P61 claim so is not relevant to your Beaufighter question, but is in my list as others as "all "squadron claims.

3 - The 417 NFS claim by the Groom crew, as in my post above the claims list ( link given) has only as in my post -
"Groom, Robert C - 25/08/44 and 17/12/44 - 48 FS - MTO" these are the only claims in the list by a Groom.
"Roth, Russell M - 12/04/44 and 21/12/44 - 80 FS - SWP" these are the only claims in the list by a Roth.
Both the Groom and Roth claims are on different dates and different parts of the world, I have no further info re the Groom/Roth crew with the 417 NFS. What was the date of their claim ?

Alex

Last edited by Alex Smart; 29th June 2017 at 14:12.