View Single Post
Old 14th October 2020, 14:39

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough
Re: Einzelmeldung Nr 5 vom 23.8.1940 (Luftflotte 3)

ChrisG,

Many thanks for solving that, will update my documents. Really must build a db of the UK target codes.

With regard to TigerTimo's question

Einzelmeldung - contain (in the case of Luftflote 3):-

(a) details of enemy air raids in the Luftflotte 3 area;
(b)defensive responses (not in great detail); Bomber and Recce Operations planned and/or carried out - down to Gruppe (or staffel for recce), number and type of aircraft, target, alternatives (occasionally), bombs dropped (type and number - not every time);
(c)claims for numbers of enemy aircraft destroyed (by all units under Luftflotte 3);
(d) overview of own losses.
(e) Weather summaries for Luftflotte 3's area of ops(not consistently present).

I presume (can someone correct me or expand on this) that the Einzelmeldung were used to create the daily Lageberichten published the following day.

So, this then leads me to further questions -

1. In T321 R88 Luftflotte 3 Einzelmeldung - there are gaps on certain days, not all files for a particular day are present. My current interest is Aug and Sep 1940 - does anyone have a more complete copy or is this all there is?

2. Are there other, similar, files existing for Luftflotte 2 and 5 for this date period? If so does anyone have them and are they willing to share?

All the best and many thanks to everyone for their help so far.

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122