View Single Post
Old 13th July 2020, 18:43
Alter Hase

keith A is on a distinguished road
VF-45 victory list

In truth I am looking to have details of VF-45 because Lt JB Cain was a member of the unit and claimed two shared kills and two probables/damaged that I can't find. Cain was a technical adviser to "The Bridges as Toko-Ri", my favourite Korean War movie.

I don't have the eminent Mr Frank Olynyk's USN list - I have three other lists and they are without doubt the most shabby overused files in my library. How they have survived the last twenty years is more a credit to my butterfly mind (CBI, Foreign Squadrons in the RAF and USAAS WW1) which shifts from one to another is a miracle. The only reason I don't have the others is because they are out of print or ridiculously expensive from third-party sellers. I digress...

Cain is my project, any information on his aerial (including two probables?)or ground victories (27?), or a victory list of VF-45 is appreciated.

P.S. I am a Scot, living in Edinburgh and your USN/USMC vs Japanese operations is on my reading list for the next few months. I keep learning.

Best regards

Keith