View Single Post
Old 10th June 2005, 20:09

Sergio Luis dos Santos
Re: Ju 52 Float Plane Help needed

Simon,

I canīt call myself an "expert". Sometimes I can give the correct response or find a good information or photo for some friends. Iīm luck to have a good collection of books so it gives me an "advantage" to the young ones (but this advantage stops when memory plays the game).
Reading the info on the plane at Mikaelīs page it comes from Museu del Aire in Portugal so I believe it was restored and new (replica) or restored floats adapted. I do not remember seeing it when I explored all Preserved Axis Aircrafts page but confess it was long time ago, when I sent some pics of German planes and engines here in Brasil. My visits there have been very quick since then.

Most interesting I have this same idea. To bring back the Ju-52 preserved in Argentina which flew in Brazil at Sindicato Condor / Cruzeiro do Sul and restore it with replica floats. It would be a great display in TAMīs Asas de um Sonho museum but due TAMīs main driving force death, Mr. Rolim Amaro Iīm sure we will never have a Tante Ju here...