View Single Post
Old 21st February 2015, 16:19
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point
The Imitation Game movie

The Imitation Game

I would pontificate and advise you to avoid The Imitation Game unless you are totally ignorant about ULTRA/Enigma decoding and its history in WWII. I can see why Benedict Cumberbatch is up for an Academy Award, but the rest is pure BS "Horrywood". It bears little resemblance to the many books I have read over the years delineating the history of the project.

I cannot even begin to delineate the many, many errors I saw not only about Alan Turing, but the whole work at Bletchley Park, so I will not. But let's just say you will be disappointed if you are knowledgeable about what went on.

Of course I must always remember what "Horrywood" is about--money. I will never forget my wife telling me when we went to see "Troy" some years back. She told me I was not to say a word during the movie about its accuracy, etc. So, I did not. As we drove home, she asked, "Well, what did you think?" I replied well, aside from the facts that the war lasted 10 years, not a few weeks, Troy looked like it was the size of NY, not 7 acres, and there were only about 10,000 soldiers, not huge mobs, it was OK. She replied, "I don't care. I got to see Brad Pitt naked!"

"Horrywood" knows what its doing!