View Single Post
Old 20th September 2006, 12:59

Marcel van Heijkop is on a distinguished road
Ordering Bundesarchiv BA-MA Files.

Hi Steve,

Regarding copying: All "easy" and B & W copying is done by the Selke firm. They ask 0.41 Euro for a A4 hardcopy or digital scan. (0.46 for A3, not sure if this includes VAT). All colour and photographic stuff is done by the Firma Bühler. You can find brochures of both firms plus ordering info inside the Archiv. Check out the BA-MA site also for exact prices.

Regarding the time it takes: The BA-MA permits itself the luxury of spending max 8 weeks, but they aim for faster. But as we have seen during our visit, you are dependent on whether files are lent out to other "researchers" or not. What I have seen from the transfer/copying process of documents between the Archiv and Selke struck me as being somewhat cumbersome.

BTW: If you order something special, for example colour negatives of A-1 size maps of bunkers, the BA-MA charges you twice because they grasp the opportunity of making a backup copy for their own use! My "bunker"-friend was outraged when he found this out and his 300 Euro bill suddenly doubled...

Hope this helps,

Marcel