View Single Post
Old 12th January 2007, 10:30

kalender1973 is on a distinguished road
Re: Soviet over Finland. 25-30 VI 1941. New Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
I have read this article and I think that it is useless and full of information which has nothing to do the title.
First you have written that Soviets attacked Finladnd without declaring war and few lines later it is written that Finland declared war upon USSR. So where is the point? Other thin which is interesting in your opinion is that USSR "illegaly" attacked Finland...sorry if I had been Stalin I would have attacked country which allows enemy's forces to base on its territory. I would claim such state as my ennemy's ally. Oh yes. Finnish pilots flew with German crews on action. For me it would be a very good excuse for declaring war.
Generally speaking you could write two pages shorter article instead of this stuff about "bad" Soviets and "good" Finns.
Finishing my post I have to mension that part about combats is interesting.
In my opinion you could write an interesting book about Finnish-Soviet aerial combats...but without this political nonsense about "neutral" and "Innocent" Finland and treacherour Soviet Union.

Regards

Dominik
Hello,

this article is typical political motivated point of view of some authors from Poland(and other countries of east Europe) after 1990. This is supported by some russian-born authors such Suvorov with his history books, that does not accept by any serioses historians.
I will see, as any other counties will be react, in such situation as was USSR and Finnland. It is clear, what the KGr806 and IV/LG1 do in Finnland at that time. And it is clear, that Finnland was involved in Germans war plans from the beginning of planing. I assume, that after winter war 1940 this was fully normal for Finnland and they want own lost area back, but I can not accept that the USSR atack in june 41 was no provokated agression !!!

Best regards

P.S. I could only reccomend the Liddel Hart book about WW2. After reading of this book some "victims" of the WW2 appeared not in good ligth.

Last edited by kalender1973; 12th January 2007 at 11:23.