View Single Post
Old 18th January 2005, 21:41

klemen
Hi Laurent!

Quote:
Personnal files should be available (to him (and probably family)) in the SHAT (Service Historique de l'Armée de Terre = Land Army Historical Service) for its service in Legion Etrangère.
Thank you, Laurent! Is the below written address of the SHAT a correct one or has changed in the past?

Monsieur le Chef
du Service historique de l'armée de terre
Château de Vincennes
BP 107 - 00481 ARMÉES

What should my friend write instead "Monsieur le Chef"?

BTW: Don't you write for the service records (matricules) of the legionnaires to the Legion Archive in Marseille-Aubagne?

Commandement de la Légion étrangère
Bureau des anciens, BP 38
13998 MARSEILLE ARMÉES

Judging by this site - http://jomave.chez.tiscali.fr/adgenweb/shat.html - they have the personal service records for all the legionnares who entered the Legion AFTER 1909, while for those before 1909 are available in the SHAT. is this correct?

Quote:
They will be available in SHAA (Service Historique de l'Armée de l'Air = Air Army Historical Service) for its service in GB1.
The postal address:

LES ARCHIVES DU SERVICE HISTORIQUE DE L'ARMEE DE L'AIR
Château de Vincennes
B.P. 110 - 00481 ARMEES

Did I get it right?

Quote:
As for meeting me elsewhere, I am active on several WWII forums for some years, usually under my full name or Laurent. One of my favorite is the RAF Commands forum and I thought we may have "met" there.
No, no... I remember you now... We have met at my forum "Pacific War 1941-1945" on the Dutch East Indies 1941-1942 website. Is it not so? I still have a good memory, hehe...

Quote:
Edited: and I have nothing in my pm box ?
Please check now.

lp,

Klemen