View Single Post
Old 28th January 2019, 10:27

schwarze-man is on a distinguished road
Re: Bf 109 F-2 Trop South Africa War Museum

I have researched the Bf109F Ersatzteilliste a little more with respect to the internal ID plate in the Leitwerkstrager photo posted by Stefaan, particularly the BF 109 F41. The "BF 109" ID is standard and the spaced F is expected. However, the 41 might seem unusual on a 109F-2.
The Bf109 major sub-assemblies seem to have been identified with simple manufacture production codes. These are different to the Baugruppen and Ersatzteil numbers which are the method of listing individual parts in the parts book. No, what we talking about with the "production codes" (my term, I have not found a definition for them although I suspect that they are "Konstruktionsgruppen" ) are numbers that relate to a production standard. For example, in the 109F Ersatzteilliste we find in the headings, numbers like K10 and K100 for different fuselages and K50 for left wing, K51 for right wing.
The explaination is not comprehensive and most sub assemblies are not listed in the ersatzteilliste in this way. However, I think that there is good evidence that the Leitwerkstrager for the Bf109F was Konstruktiongruppe 41 and, that ID plate shows this. Cheers

SM

Last edited by schwarze-man; 28th January 2019 at 11:45.