View Single Post
Old 8th August 2018, 09:38

Alfred.MONZAT will become famous soon enough
Re: French WW2 decimal score aces

When you say "unconfirmed", what's the source ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoz99 View Post
BUT also, officially, 4 of the 11 "Bar" kills are recorded as OTG kills. So would Clostermann's list overrule the official records? When were those 4 officially listed as OTG kills? Immediately or later?
That's the big question. It look like it was later, much later. Clostermann claims may have been re-examined after one or another controversial speech.

Quote:
There is another interesting thing - Clostermann makes no mention of the Ju290 in his list, but it is mentioned in the note at the end. How can this be?
The victories listed at the end are shared ones.

Quote:
In my opinion, it just so happens their conclusion also makes most sense.
If someone has a better analysis, please let me know.
There's documents that mention 19 confirmed solo victories + 3-4 probables. They may have some issues but I doubt his real total would be that different. And I wonder how many pilots got their tally retroactively reduced by no less than 8 victories without them being informed (Clostermann had combat reports of all his victories and the mention OTG was not present, therefor a later add). The ones "changed" to "unconfirmed" may be geniune (I'll wait for your answer on that), the OTG ones are not IMHO.