View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2005, 16:13

Primoz
Re: Jagdfliegerverbände 9 / I

And do you know how many volumes will there be in the end? If I'm not mistaken you started it as a 12 volume project. Of course there's nothing wrong with it being much larger, more detailed, with lots of interesting photos ... I was just wondering ... I think it'll take several more years to complete this huge project (so please take good care of your health because some of us would like to buy all these good books right until the last one covering the last days of the Luftwaffe).

Unlike Franek, I believe it's OK to publish the color photos "as is", especially as you need some orientation or reference point if you want to remove the tint and this is much more delicate and trickier in case of photos depicting German aircraft (whereas British a/c had yellow/blue/white/red roundels which make corrections much easier and more plausible). But on the other hand it might be a good idea to make a special all-color book with old color photos shown both as they are now - in their more or less tinted condition - and with corrected colors.