View Single Post
Old 18th September 2007, 16:57

Richard T. Eger is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The great camouflage & markings debate

Dear Nick, Adam, Flitzer, and Christian,

Thank you all for your latest inputs.

Nick, I agree that trying to do a match to the AWM aircraft is a good approach. We are pretty certain the wings on the Duxford plane come from 2 aircraft, Aero Detail 10 says the Me 163 is made up of parts to 3 aircraft, and I think someone here even suggested 4. I have contacted Duxford to see what notes could be found for the 1997 restoration attempt and maybe something will come of that, but I tend to think we'll never know well how this aircraft looked at war's end. So, attempting to match the AWM machine, possibly with whatever markings Duxford can provide, may be our best option.

Adam, thank you for your valuable input. Do you have a lead as to who to go to to access the curatorial file information?

Flitzer, now we know exactly why the Germans lost the war. I'm amazed that no one ever thought of this! Seriously, you do bring up some serious points. These are also likely the cause of many aficiondo's disputes as to which color is correct.

Christian, thank you for your philosophical views, which support those of Nick and where I seem to be headed in my own thinking, with everyone's help.

Regards,
Richard