View Single Post
Old 8th October 2013, 03:44

DIscotraxxx is on a distinguished road
Re: [Study] November 23, 1939 : Luftwaffe losses / crash sites over France (I need your help !)

Hi,

many thanks Larry and Bertrand for your help and the additional infos.
Larry your PM box seemed to be full, if you can send me a PM or give me an email so i can contact you ?

@ Larry : some comments about your infos !

Plane 1 : Do 17Z-2

> thanks for confirming the exact type of Do 17.
> you are right, the first name of Capitaine Accart is Jean-Marie.
http://aerostories.free.fr/pil_cha_fr/accart/page2.html
> i also saw that Seageant Campbell also attacked the airplane, but i don't remember the exact source.

NOTA : we still have a massive problem with the fact that Winter is listed as being KIA in... Hagéville. And Scoular who visited the crash site also said he visited it in Hagéville...
And Plane 4, crashed in Hagéville, has two of his KIA members said to be from... Sancy !

Plane 2 : He 111H-2

> some sources say that the aircraft is a H-1. What is the difference between the two types (H-1 and H-2) ?
> thanks for confirming the rank of Domanski !
> i have the exact location, and i can send you a map and pictures i have of this crash (i was too lazy to upload all the pictures).

NOTAS : in my opinion Franke and Domanski were the only remaining alive members when they parachuted. At least one of the two KIA members had more than 70 (!) impacts/wounds in his body.
Two british airplanes were chasing the He 111 (confirmed by TWO witnesses), and Sergeant Campbell got an air victory against an He 111. In my opinion Campbell and Orton were chasing together the He 111 until he crashed.

Plane 3 : Do 17P-1

> i can provide you movie, pictures and postcards of that crash.

Plane 4 : Do 17P-1

> thanks for the infos about the Werk nummer and the identification code.

Plane 5 : He 111H-2

> Orton is listed as having an air victory on this one, and it is listed that 6 pilots took part in the shoot down.

Plane 6 : Do 17P-1

> thanks to confirm that it was attacked over the Ecury-sur-Coole airfield ! This plane may have been listed twice on the allied military report published in “Le Figaro” of November 25, 1939 (one plane shoot down over Ecury-Sur-Coole, one plane shoot down over Vienne-La-Ville).
> i'm interested by your picture !

Plane 7 : Do 17P-1

> i made an error, the unit was GC III/6. But Le Gloan was Sergent Chef, and not adjudant.
> thanks for confirming the first names of the aircrew members !

Plane 8 : Do 17P-1

> Sergent Tourné was only the wingman of Bissoudre, he didn't took part in the air combat (and didn't had any air victory).

See You

Vince