View Single Post
Old 30th December 2019, 18:44
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Re: Hartmann: claims vs. victories

Keith
Really, I am not sure what you are after. The Liberator was a well known case of Me 110 shot down by Slovak airmen of 13 Letka back in the summer of 1944. The Lancaster (or Halifax not sure) was a Mosquito of No 13 Sqn downed by Warren Peake. More such cases are known, but I am really in no position to list them here.
I cannot show you the photo of the 109, I do not have it handy, but it was taken by F/S Tadeusz Góra in the summer of 1943. Believe it or not, DB 605 was bloody big.

A while ago on the forum there was a lengthy inconclusive discussion on a gun camera photo. There were several voices voting for Ju 87, Fw 190D or even Ta 152.
Mind you, widely available films are those which went through selection, the best of. There are several, however, that the enemy cannot be identified without any doubt, and there is also one important factor. Those films could be shown in slow motion, and paused if necessary. Pilots had no such comfort, fought in adverse conditions, and had no time for lengthy considerations.