View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:00

Milos Gazdic is on a distinguished road
Re: Application of Stammkennzeichen...

Thanks for the further explanations Anton & Roland!

Do you know guys also about the question I have previously asked:
Do you think that the paint of the StKz could have been washed off even after application of the another standard resin based camouflage paint over it (in case of mottle or marking application over it)? Basically, would it "mask off" the overpaint & then easily wash off leaving the paint layer under it clean?

If the machine was used in front line fighter units & then it came back to training unit - would the StKz be applied back as a must? Since I have seen many trainers with numerals too. Further more was it known from the beginning if a given airframe of i.e. Bf 109 G production line would go to fighter or training unit so that StKz could be applied accordingly with temporary or permanent paint or it would be re-applied once it arrived to training unit?

You are absolutely right about V53 or in fact V68 where it's fuselage "DU+JC" disappeared when it was once again altered from V53 to V68. But I wonder if that could be a process of "sanding down" or "washing off" the markings by crew because it got redesignated. Please note that under the ares where StKz was applied on V68 you can see lighter bottom color of the fuselage (hence my question above - which would explain if the removal was by washing or by sanding).

Best,
Milos