Thread: RAAF Black Cats
View Single Post
Old 8th November 2019, 08:36

bearoutwest is on a distinguished road
Re: RAAF Black Cats

Just a bit of feedback on successfully purchasing a copy of "The Night Shift" from the Rathmines Catalina Association.
- Received the book today.
- Rathmines-Catalina Memorial Park Association, to use their full name (RCMPA for short), are currently having difficulties with their PayPal internet-shop payment system. It seems to be a significant problem as the fix is still being investigated after the 10 days since I originally spoke to them.
- I contacted them, via the contact details on their web-page, and was able to happily arrange an alternate payment option.
- Book arrived today - a standard "self-publish" A4 paperback style - but looks good.

More details, once I've read it.

As an aside, as part of the enjoyable rambling aviation/seaplanes phone conversation with the RCMPA president (he answered the phone), I highlighted the apparent interest people have in the "Catalina Chronicles" book by David Vincent. RCMPA are looking into the possibilities of arranging for it to be re-printed. (Though, don't hold your breathe, as it may be a long winded process getting the appropriate authorization to re-print.) Will report if/when any further developments occur.

...geoff