View Single Post
Old 12th February 2007, 13:57
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road
Die Jagdfliegerverbande der Deutschen Luftwaffe 1934-1945, teil 9

Hello,

The 3 books of teil 9 of Prien's (and others) series is covering the Eastern Front from Dec 1941 to February 1943. This this the time area where I have the less data about German claims and losses, but I'm not interested in pictures, that is I won't buy a pictorial-only book.

Given that my interest in this book is 1) victories claims 2) unit losses 3) unit histories, how are organized the 3 books of this serie and which ones should I buy first ? My guess is that the 1st is covering all (history, claims, losses, pictures) between Dec 41 and April 42, but the period May 42 - Feb 43 is covered by Nr 2 and 3, and I would like to know how these are organized.

Another question is : if I buy the book on the website http://www.jagdgeschwader.net/index.html, does more money arrive in the pocket of the authors and editor, and less in the pockets of intermediaries that didn't care if the book is dealing with WWII airfare or with feng-shui ?

The above site seems to have all Prien's book I know, except the vol 1 of JG 53. Prices are roughly half of what I can find on Amazon.fr or .de, where only one third of books are available, so buying them here will be ethically and economicaly interesting, but I would like an advice on this website.

Regards

Laurent