View Single Post
Old 31st August 2008, 10:48
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough
Re: A Me 262 being dismantled on a lake shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by obdl3945 View Post
In the first photo, I think the 'funnel-type object' is actually the right cowling, with the engine and forward intake removed. I don't think the aircraft in the first photo has been strafed, though. The one in the second photo is the one I think has been strafed. Also not sure that second photo is a double exposure. The forward fuselage and nosewheel seem to my untrained eye to be from this same machine, shown at the angle it settled at after the aircraft was destroyed. However, I am not knowledgeable on things photographic, so I could well be wrong...
Odbl,

In the first photo, I thought of the cowling too, for the funnel like object; the lack of engine made me change my mind... About strafing damage on the first photo, what about those small diagonal holes close to the nose of the machine? Production small ports? I thought those were bullet scars.

As for the second picture, I concur with you: the angle of the nose is in line with the charred remains behind it. Though not knowledgeable photowise, the double exposure seems to settle in about the level of the heads of the on-looking GI's.

Cheers

Marc