View Single Post
Old 12th April 2008, 18:30
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
Re: Luftwaffe Collection

Hi Gerry,

Thank you very much for your kind words! Yes, definately, RAF items are more than welcome! In general, all military items are welcome. We hope that users can find their preferred category items by clicking through the categories on the left. There is also a subcategory for British WWII items.

I do agree that many collectors want to keep their most precious items for themselves. On the other hand, if I look at all the excellent photos posted on different forums, I am sure there are many willing to share their passion with others. The disadvantage of pure forums is that the items dissapear after some time as the threads move backwards and are replaced by new ones. So, although the photos are there it is a bit difficult to find them. That's where swapey is better. On the other hand swapey cannot replace forums like this one where the focus is more on discussion than on exhibition.

But since we know that not everybody wants to share his photos with everybody we have introduced the Private Hall where collectors can show items to their friends only. After you logged in you can indicate a certain collector as being your friend (icon underneath a user's profile). This member then can see your Private Hall items, others cannot.

It is the first day we made swapey public. So, please be patient if there are still some error messages. We do our best to resolve all problems as soon as possible.

Best regards
Roger