View Single Post
Old 14th November 2020, 19:13

19JDKR45 is on a distinguished road
New Book - THEIRS THE STRIFE

I would like to let forum members know that my book Theirs the Strife is now available for purchase from Helion & Co. It will be available on Amazon at the end of Nov 20.

The book’s principle focus is the land battle fought in NW Germany in mid April 1945 between units of British Second Army and 2. Marine-Infanterie-Division on the Weser, Leine and Allen riverlines. However, the book also covers the units of 14. Fliegerdivision and their aircraft operating in NW Germany in April 1945 and describes a number of their final attacks, as well as the use of Flak assets in the land battle. In particular it covers the massed attacks against the British attempts to bridge the Weser at Stolzenau 5-6 April 1945, which included low-level, daylight attacks by Stuka 87-D of NSGr.1 (Nord); Schulunglehrgang Elbe’s ramming attack 7 April 1945; and a night attack against the bridge at Rethem on the Aller by I./KG66. On the British side it includes reports by Tempest pilots countering the threat to Stolzenau and describes the attack by 24 RP Typhoons on the German defence of Rethem.

The book is exceptionally detailed and features 75 maps, giving the reader excellent understanding of the battles. In addition to describing air operations, it provides a comprehensive context for those operations by detailing the land battle environment facing the Luftwaffe.

Best wishes - and keep well.

John Russell

Last edited by 19JDKR45; 14th November 2020 at 19:13. Reason: Forgot to sign