View Single Post
Old 19th December 2019, 18:13

rof120 is on a distinguished road
BOOKS on French fighters 1939-1940

French fighters (1940) – More books

The excellent books by Daniel and Cuny were published by Éditions Larivière in their collection Docavia.

Too bad I just forgot to mention a few French books which really are worthwhile. Text in French but photographs, technical drawings and statistical tables have hardly any language. These are three monographs on French fighter types, all published by Lela Presse:

- Le MS 406 (Morane-Saulnier MS 406) by 12 authors. Strongly recommended if you want to know more than the usual 80 years old clichés. Large size.

- Le Bloch 152 by Serge Joanne, a very big book (large size) with hundreds of photographs, a life’s work. Numerous documents from “behind the scene”, like Armée de l’Air reports on comparative trials of various fighter types including one Me 109 E IIRC. I recommend it very warmly.

- Les Curtiss H-75 français, by Lionel Persyn. A useful complement to Docavia’s fine monograph by Cuny and G. Beauchamp (éd. Larivière) with about the same number of pages (about 360).

There are other books and booklets, often aircraft monographs, mostly not that big.

To be continued.
“Usual disclaimer”.