Thread: BCRS errata
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2021, 17:26

James A Pratt III is on a distinguished road
Re: BCRS errata

Thanks for the info Christer I will be buying the revised BCRS Vols 1, 2, and 3 when they come out. I have some more comments ect for BCRS Vol 5

page 240 has 19 of 38 Tiger Tanks lost SPzAbt 503 according to my notes from Tigers in Combat Volume 1 by Wolfgang Schneider at Kursk has the following "write offs"
10 July- 2
12 July-1
14 July-1
23 July-3

page 243 Panthers with the II SS PK from my notes all the Panthers with PR 39 were with the GD PGD 48th PK from my notes from "Panzer Truppen The Complete Guide to the Creation and Combat employment of German Tank Forces 1943-1945" Thomas l Jentz.

You have often pointed out in BCRS ect that plane ID was bad. Well AFV ID was also bad There are plenty of reports of Allied forces fighting and destroying Tiger tanks ect when none were there.

page 262 Ferdinand and page 319 Panther destroyed by air attack both possible. However it could be the vehicles were either knocked out or broke down and they were blown up by their crews. Note the panthers combat debut at Kursk was somewhat of a disaster. The crews had little training and the Panthers had some major mechanical problems and many were lost do to breakdowns. see Jentz

Bagration to Berlin page 62 mentions Ferdinands none where with Army group Center at this time. I understand the Russians sometimes refered to most German SP guns as Ferdinands.

As for armor losses do to air attack you might want to post questions on either the axishistoryforum.com or missing-lynx.com or get in touch with Steve Zaloga