View Single Post
Old 17th January 2018, 22:03
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: Hull, Hell and Halifax/Blanchett

Steve,
You don't understand what I'm saying? You taking the piss? Intimate knowledge of British aviation book publishing is clear enough English, is it not?

This is what you posted: "...in my view, the quality of British aviation book publishing died when MCP were bought out by Ian Allan..." Utter rubbish!

And I did say you had no right to comment? Do NOT attribute words to me that I did not say!

I wanted to know what your INSIDE KNOWLEDGE was of the British aviation book publishing world was, since you made such a broad, damning, statement.

Your three bullet points are just generalisations that have no factual substance presented with them.

Another generalisation: "...MCP represented a particular commitment to enthusiast publishing which is now largely long gone..." It is the easiest thing in the world to come up with glib generalisations...

Let me give you one example of a book from 2000 which set a brilliant standard in its research and critique of its subject: 'The most dangerous enemy' by Stephen Bungay. This singular example blows away your point about 'British aviation book publishing' dying at a stroke. There are numerous other examples right up to present, but I'll leave what I have written here as enough for the present.

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!

Last edited by John Vasco; 18th January 2018 at 00:12.