View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2012, 22:48
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Adolf's British Holiday Snaps

Uh oh................I think you guys have been into the eggnog today. The little blurb on Amazon says they were found in a barn in Bavaria and by July 1945 had been airlifted back to the U.K. The photos were part of the Luftwaffenführungsstab Ic archives and they had been in the barn for less than a month before they were handed over to the OKL Document Recovery Team from the British Air Ministry's A.I. 12 (Post Hostilities) branch. The "snaps" along with 55 tons of Luftwaffenpersonalamt records and 30 tons of other Luftwaffe documents were flown to the Captured Documents Library on Monck Street in London for sorting, cataloguing and reference. All of this material was turned over to the Air Historical Branch in 1948, except for the technical documents which were flown to Wright-Patterson AAF at Dayton, Ohio.

These photos sound very much like the huge hoard of Luftwaffe reconnaissance photos that are now in the possession of Keene University in the U.K. I think the author has just pimped things up to make it all sound much more mysterious than it really is. He wants us to think these are all "never-seen-before" photos so you will buy his book. Sort of like putting lipstick on a pig (thank you, Sarah P.).

L.