View Single Post
Old 12th April 2016, 16:04
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Werner Baumbach ship destroyer

[quote=Jim P.;217119]
Quote:
Like with most LW flying units and pilots, little is known or has been published about 1.(F)/Aufkl.Gr. 120 to this day.
Ouch, Jim! Granted, the 4 books Doug Stankey and I authored on the Kampfflieger-, Sturzkampfflieger- und Schlachtfliegerverbände were relatively brief summaries, such is not the case with the works of Jochen Prien, Eric Mombeek, Ulf Balke, Wolfgang Dierich and a good dozen others who have researched and written Luftwaffe unit histories!

I have a summarized 4 page unit history on Aufklärungsstaffel 1.(F)/120 and here are the primary non-published sources I used in the event anyone wants to research this unit:

NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-312 roll 1033/1206, roll l070/59l and 969); (T-971 roll 19); AFHRA Maxwell: decimal 512.619 British AirMin P/W interrogations, ADI(K) series, microfilm rolls A5400-05, interrogation ADI(K) 127/44; AFHRA Maxwell: decimal 512.625S (British Air Ministry) OKL document; PRO London: AIR 40 Air Ministry intelligence reports and lists based on ULTRA, “Y” Service intercepts, captured documents and PoW interrogations; BA-MA Freiburg: Signatur RL 9/35 and Signatur RL 40/Kart; BA-MA Freiburg: RL 2 III Meldungen über Flugzeugunfälle…..(Loss Reports – LRs); BA-MA Freiburg: Flugzeug-Bereitstellungen (Aircraft Availability Status Reports – FzB) in: M.Holm-website (ww2.dk); K.Maesel correspondence with author; H.Löhr letter to W.Horst of 16 May 1993; web site forum.12oclockhigh.net.

L.