View Single Post
Old 13th December 2017, 10:41
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: What kind of airplane (LW twin)

SNAUTZER,

Thank you very much for the Go 242 manual and the correct place for the Borduhr. However, if you look at the Go 242 Picture on my last post, you will see that the "base" for the stick and indeed the stick format are the same as the first (so far unknown to me) Picture I posted.

The only difference is indeed the instrument that you identified as a Borduhr (Cronometer, Horloge, etc) attached above.

As I had written: "indeed this matches the found Picture of a Go 242 cockpit and stick, without the instrument attached."

I understand that "PERHAPS", a pilot could ask his mechanic or obtain some kind of authorization within the Staffel or Gruppe, to change one or two instruments?

May I ask you IF on the document (Flight Manual) you do have about the Go 242, there is some information about this DORSAL Armored shield behind the pilot? Was it standard to both models, Go 242 and Go 244, or only installed on the Go 244 (engined version)? This would help understand, IF some kind of personnal modifications could be done "on the field" to the standard machine (I mean the adding of armor and/or instruments) for a specific operation (maybe?).

I do thank you the kind help with the copy of an original LW document and your time.

Adriano B.