View Single Post
Old 7th November 2007, 13:22
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: low level attack sth London 20 jan1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by dora9forever View Post
why a school .what target is this a ammo dump. how did they know it was a school going 389 mph level. and at tree line flights with barrage balloons too.and RAF.....
was there any up.how about ack ack..get the story collobrated please.
i aint saying this is not true.
facts can be wrong at times.
Gary
(a) where did this (imaginary?) ammunition dump come from?

(b) You surely can't be suggesting that the school wasn't attacked? The evidence is overwhelming that it was and that real people really died.

(c) No one is saying that this particular school was the designated target of the mission.

(d) In all of these attacks children were in harm's way. Memories from my own family: my wife's cousin attended that South London school in the 1950s and speaks of the memorial there to the children who were killed; in the raid on Exeter my mother was in a group of children forced to take cover from strafing Focke-Wulfs; the sister of my parents' next door neighbour was killed in an attack on a Devon seaside town. If you want to know about the intentions of the tip-and-run campaign, read Chris Goss's book: civilian targets were not off-limits.