View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2005, 16:35
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Re: Jagdfliegerverbände 9 / I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen Prien
I'm sorry that you don't share my point of view with respect to enhancing old colour photos; I feel it is a little bit like forgery to change the colours in a way that you think things should have looked like. I'd much rather leave this bit of interpretation to the reader.
The good news for you is: You know where you're at with it so you don't have to buy it.
Well, I may send you some prints done from the same negative but showing completely differend shades. I do not think it is a forgery. Please note, that we talk about changing profile of the whole photo, so it is always possible to turn it back into original form. It is also possible to add a small preview shot to show how the photo looked originally.
Argument, that I do not need to buy the book is valid, I am not interested in the Eastern Front. Nonetheless I have JG53 volume by Schiffer and I have scanned the photos to see them in more natural colours. Unfortunatelly the effect was not as good as it could have been with original slides.
Regards