View Single Post
Old 28th March 2017, 04:15

Milos Gazdic is on a distinguished road
Bücker Bü 181 Canopy

Dear all,
I somehow always imagined that the canopy on all of the Bücker Bü 181 aircraft canopy opens in a "Car Door" style with both port & starboard sides opening towards the nose.

Sir Bob just shared the ebay links and among them there was THIS PHOTO showing the aircraft with the canopy hinged sideways!

Did I miss a class in school

BTW Which are the best books about the type? I have only one and I've just finished the model in 1/48 in Swiss markings (weathering to be done after I move to new apartment) and I also received two more kits to be done in Croatian & Luftwaffe markings.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: I know that it is against copyright laws to post images for which we don't have permission & usage rights but I wonder if it is ok to post both the link to auction & link from the auction in order to keep the discussion and topic relevant for later times when the ebay removes the photo from the link. I have stumbled on many interesting discussions from few years ago that I would love to understand better but the lack of the photo on the given ebay link permits so.

Thanks you
Milos