View Single Post
Old 20th February 2005, 22:02

coll
The British

Ray,

I may be mistaken but I sense a anti British undertone in your posts. I have yet to read anything positive from you relating to the RAF. Any serious research is perfectly aware of the tremendous debt we owe our Commonwealth and Dominion brothers-in-arms. not forgetting the Poles, Czechs, Norwegians and French.

We all know that without the Americans the war in Europe would have taken an altogether different course. What do you want us to do Ray, continuously thank everyone for coming to our aid. We as a nation could not have continued the fight on our own. The “British Stood Alone” propaganda so aptly mentioned by six nifty.50’s was just propaganda. Is this not the same propaganda machine that had the citizens of America and Britain believing that the US bombers could put a bomb in a pickle-barrel from 20,000ft or above.

I have had the honour and pleasure of talking with and meeting dozens of former RAAF, RCAF and RNZAF airman, I for one have never heard any of them say they were ‘offended’ by such a claim especially when you consider it in relation to the period it was actually said. They had plenty of constructive criticism relating to the ‘British’ but then again we the British are not perfect.