View Single Post
Old 11th May 2013, 10:56

Cpt_Farrel is on a distinguished road
Re: Hornets nest or RLM 83 Darkblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehnz View Post
Thanks Franck, I was not aware of the earlier discussion on this forum though I had seen the discussion on clubhyper. I'm wondering where this places the discussion on this thread on Finescale Modeler then, where the member, snapdragonxxx, had access to annotated colour chips in the Blohm & Voss archives which from the way I read it, identified 3 versions of a colour called RLM83. From reading the discussion around this (TOCH) thread & the earlier one linked to, there would appear to be no documentary evidence for a dark green RLM83 or am I missing something again?
Steve.
Without knowing the guy who posted that or knowing more about his research it's hard to say much but that atlas of colors just seems too good to be true. I mean a color atlas with both old, out of production paint like the 6x range along with the latest colors, their variations and even fieldmixes, it doesn't seem even remotely likely although it would be fantastic if it was true. To have army and naval colors in the same atlas seems even stranger. /Anders