View Single Post
Old 26th September 2005, 11:52

Marius is on a distinguished road
Re: Bombing civilian targets by the Luftwaffe?

Julian,
you cannot rise the level of the discussion writing here such things like "provocation". On the contrary, you are rising it on a much lower level.
But for you it seems to be the only possibility to stay at your antique visions of German guilt on everything bad.

Many people were writing about German orders to bomb civilian targets by the Luftwaffe (in Poland) and at same time had manipulated original documents. I showed it describing the details concerning Trenkner and Gröhler. It can`t be for someone serious coming back to these sources and furtheron treat them as reliable.

I would it welcome to discuss about the question: why both authors did so?
And I would hear some opinions about both German documents I presented here.
The existing of these documents is giving us the information, that methods of bombing purely civilian targets probably were discussed, surely not only in Germany. I would it welcome if someby could present here a document where it is clear that such a target was selected and then bombed.

Bombing of Warsaw on the 25th wasn`t an attack on a purely civilian target, because the city was a battle zone since 8th September, in the end with more than 100 000 Polish soldiers in it. It was impossible to attack Polish troops there and not hit civilians.
As I remember the The Haag conventions were allowing in treating such places as battlefileds. Could somebody comment this?

Marius