View Single Post
Old 5th April 2019, 18:55

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Re: Black Cross - Red Star. Air War over the Eastern Front, Vol. 4: Stalingrad to Kuban 1942-1943.

Yes, there is a European edition which is hard cover and with color profiles of aircraft, and a U.S. edition which is soft cover without any color profiles. There is no other option. Allow me to explain:

That is entirely because in order to have a book distributor in the United States who accepts books that are sent from a printer, one must have a warehouse in the United States. That is the rule. Living in Europe, that is unfortunately not possible for me. So the only possibility for me to have the book published in the United States is to have it a print on demand book via Ingram Spark. (No U.S. book stores would order a book from Europe.) Ingram Spark does not do hardcover copies, only softcover. It goes without saying that printing a single POD book is much more expensive than the printing price for a single book in an edition of several thousand. Even a soft cover book by Ingram Spark with color profiles would cost US $ 75.00. I think that everyone will agree that rather than to buy a softcover book with color profiles, anyone would instead order a hardcover book with color profiles from Europe, particularly since that one is less expensive, even with the postage included.

So for those who would like to buy their copy via a book store in the United States, there is the U.S. softcover edition (ISBN 978-91-88441-50-8).

For those who would like to have the European hard cover and partly color edition (ISBN 978-91-88441-21-8), they can order it via Amazon or directly from me. The postage and packing is US $18.00 if they are ordered directly from me. You can do so at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

Black Cross/Red Star, Vol. 4 will be published in May/June 2019.

All the best,

Christer Bergström

https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/blac...ban-1942-1943/

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/